Derails from Climate Change News thread.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Derails from Climate Change News thread.

Post by Seth » Tue May 13, 2014 2:30 am

Fucking asswipe mods.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am

Seth wrote:Fucking asswipe mods.
Would you prefer us to adopt the Ratskep model?

You would not be long here if that were the case...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue May 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Kill the coal, go Marxist!http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/12/op ... ?referrer=

summary: use EPA and executive order only Obama options.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue May 13, 2014 4:02 pm

da troll hammer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJU ... r_embedded[/youtube]

it's getting warmer
we're responsible
get over it

don't make it worse...

Denial is so old
Last edited by macdoc on Tue May 13, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Tue May 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Finally the US becomes it's own shadow. Communism In America - Krugman introduces strange guests. The conspiracy unravels. What Seth must do now is what those Japs did at the close of WW2. Bunker down and hide. He can't win. He can wait. Communism arrives but it goes away after a few decades. No need to fight it anyway - it is a idea, the key is to outlast the reign of the Soviet United States. And win by still being around in the aftermath. :tup:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

What's an oligarch to do. :coffee:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 am

JimC wrote:

I'd prefer if you stuck both of your thumbs up your ass and strapped yourself into a chair. That would moderate your moderating.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 14, 2014 1:08 am

macdoc wrote: it's getting warmer
It might be getting warmer, but so what? It's been warmer before. And colder...much, much colder...before. Of the two I'll take warmer thanks.
we're responsible
You may assume responsibility if you like, but that doesn't mean anybody else has to. It may be that our contribution to global warming is staving off an new ice age, which is overdue. I'm good with that.
get over it
There is no "it" to get over. There is climate change, which the planet has been doing for billions of years and will continue to do for billions more years.

Adapt or die.
don't make it worse...
I can't possibly make it worse, no matter what I do. The stupid idea that I can is just that, a stupid idea. You want to live in a wattle-and-daub hut, wear a hair-shirt and grub for roots and berries with a sharpened stick you go right ahead. I'll pass.
Denial is so old
The climate is even older than science, and it's the ultimate denier of your asinine Chicken Little propaganda.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 1:14 am

JimC wrote:

That's like the Tea Baggers taking advantage of their freedom of speech to call Obama a dictator. If he were a dictator, they would have been taken out back and shot by now.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 am

FBM wrote:
JimC wrote:

That's like the Tea Baggers taking advantage of their freedom of speech to call Obama a dictator. If he were a dictator, they would have been taken out back and shot by now.
Well, you weren't listening, because what they said is that he's a "wannabe dictator," not that he actually is one. He would desperately like to be one though, and is getting more and more desperate every day, which is why he's trying to wield executive orders like a bludgeon. I think (and hope) he'll get impeached for that, if none of the other many and manifest high crimes and misdemeanors he's committed so far.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 am

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 am

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed May 14, 2014 1:51 am

Yah wonder what koolaid he's been drinking - next we'll hear how big he's grown the gubmint. :doh:

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed May 14, 2014 2:23 am

macdoc wrote:Yah wonder what koolaid he's been drinking - next we'll hear how big he's grown the gubmint. :doh:
More than any other president in history, including Bush.